Friday 24 April 2015

Follow our founder Sally's blog - Week 7....

This week, being a role model to my children...



I was so saddened to read about the death of student Eloise Parry from taking DNP.

 Tragically DNP takes a 5th life in the UK. There have been over 60 deaths worldwide caused by DNP or Dinitrophenol which is readily available over the Internet. It can be bought and sold legally as a fertiliser!!! As long as the company states it is not fit for human consumption!!


I just can't believe that companies are getting away with selling this sort of the thing over the internet so easily. They market it as a weight loss tool and then at the checkout get you to read a disclaimer.


DNP is pure hell - body temperature can spike as high as 108 degrees. It raises metabolism to such a point if you take enough of it your body will fry from the inside.
It is reported that Eloise Parry was bulimic which would perhaps explain why she was taking DNP. Her poor poor parents. I have sons myself and do everything in my power to ensure they lead a happy healthy life with a positive approach to food and exercise but you just never know what path life is going to take them.
We urge the government to make DNP a class C drug.
Our sympathies go out to student Eloise Parry's family.

LOTUSLITE is 100% safe and natural and made in a GMP certified UK facility by one of the most experienced teams in the supplement industry. 



My personal trainer is setting us a challenge called Frockathon.

She's looking for 10 people to give them the opportunity to transform their body in the next 12 weeks ready for Summer and to get back into that dress through exercise and hard work.
I've got to admit I LONG to be one of these people that love exercise. I honestly think people like my Personal Trainer who look forward to doing events such as the marathon are weird!!! (Sorry Jo you know i'm only kidding). Don't get me wrong - I completely admire them and am pretty envious of them, but I personally just don't enjoy exercise!!

However, after having said all that of course I do exercise - like I said previously I want to be a positive influence on my children and if they see mummy popping off to the gym or getting her roller skates on that can only be a good thing. However I don't do enough to have the body I would really like.
She has asked us to take a picture of an item of clothing you longed to get in to or used to be able to wear but no longer feel comfortable in it.

Mine is a white jumpsuit I ordered over a year and a half ago. I have the same jumpsuit in coral and Purple and LOVE it so just bought the white one thinking I would love this too. But dear me, it is a very different story on - white is a difficult colour at the best of times but in this particular style and fabric it is not very forgiving.
So Jo if you can make me feel comfortable in this, I will love you forever. 


I am also going on my jolly's in August (only 13 weeks away - YIKES!!) so need to be getting bikini ready too! 

There is a lot of talk about plus size models recently - particularly the gorgeous Tess Holiday who has well over a million social media fans. I watched a programme about plus size fashion with speakers being interviewed saying there is still very little choice if you are over a size 16. Jamelia has been slated recently for saying that clothing over (or under!) a certain size should be banned from being sold in high street stores as it advocating being unhealthy.



My thoughts on overweight people are this - If, as an adult you choose to be overweight and are happy with that then that is entirely your choice - good on you for having your cake, eating it and enjoying it. In many ways it is better than sweating the small stuff - god only knows the guilt I've felt over the years for having enjoyed one to many slices of cake which is silly - cause it's everything in moderation.

However, if as a parent you are very overweight and think that it is OK to be this way then I feel that's different story. Sending out the message that it is OK to eat poorly and make unhealthy food choices to our children is wrong.
Our children are like little sponges - their developing brains take things in at such a pace they see and hear everything we are doing. 

Having said that (and this is probably the industry that I am in) I don't often meet overweight people that LIKE being overweight - in fact majority of people I speak with are desperate to lose weight but for whatever reason they are struggling to perhaps because of emotional reasons.

One of the reasons I love my job so much is seeing the joy on people’s faces as the pounds disappear week by week and watching their confidence grow. Seeing my clients all of a sudden posting selfies on Facebook or a comparison Then/Now shot makes my job all worthwhile.

I just wanted to mention our client Shelly Shand who through her own hard work and determination (and a little help from our friendly skinnypills Lotuslite) has managed to lose 1.5 stone so far in a short space of time. Shelly has been eating extremely well and stepping up the exercise tenfold (another benefit of LotusLite as it gives you the energy to move more).

Well done Shelly - we love you! 



Being a good role model to our kids all of the time is hard work - and I am far from that - I try my best but often go to bed feeling disappointed with myself. I came across this little beauty on Facebook yesterday - it did make me chuckle - nobodies perfect eh! 


Whatever you do this week do it with love. xx

Sally

PS - why not enter our competition on Facebook to win a free bottle of skinny pills.
Just click the link and follow the instructions.
Good Luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment